Monday, August 18, 2008

The Garbage Man Can

When i was 9 i thought garbage trucks were fucking sweet. I also thought some bitch with a magic wand came into my room at night and gave me a lousy quarter every time i lost a tooth. but let me stress 'garbage trucks' in my previous statement. I never actually had any fondness for the filthy homeless man who came to throw our barrels around like ...well like yesterday's trash. I guess even at the young and tender age of 9, i knew deep down inside that being a garbage man was a filthy occupation with no real room for upward growth and mobility. Then again, i was never home schooled by a filthy drunk hippie who definitely took the brown acid at woodstock.

Who names their kid after they're favorite adult beverage anyway? Jameson clawhammer?! That name sounds better suited for the pr0n vids i watch on a lonely friday night while i simultaneously cry and touch myself to sleep.

Also if you're going to be home schooled, you should at least be smarter than the public school kids who are going to kick your ass and berate you on a daily basis. And you really can't afford to make spelling mistakes in your plea letter to the sanitation department. Listen i'm not here to point fingers at his mom, but when i was 9 and wrote pen pal letters i sure as shit checked my spelling. I don't think Jameson's mom is taking this whole 'raising my child and being his sole source of education' thing seriously. 'complicateh','timconsoming','arae', and 'garbageman' are all spelling mistakes a normal 3rd grader just can't fucking make. Especially if they want to seriously make it in today's trash disposal job market.


some of my favorite quotes:
"Look at that....solid waste beenie"

"That's a button for ah, pickin up the cans quicker"
Just a thought, but wouldn't you always want to pick the cans up quicker?
That's like having a button to half ass the job and another button to actually do the job correctly.

But my absolute favorite part of the video is when the groud breaking reporter asks garbage man of the year, rob overton, about his path in life. You can just hear the heartbreak and disappointment in his voice.
"Oh no i was going to play for the cincinati reds, yeah be a professional baseball player that's what I thought when i was 9. But uh...you know life has a way of.....you know...things change." AKA he loved a women who wasn't clean.



Now THIS is a real garbage man.
Angry at the world.

No comments: